Purpose

I started this blog with the goal of documenting our creation of enough passive income by July 2012 to achieve true financial freedom - a great lifestyle funded by money that comes in whether we work or not.

We didn't make it...at least partially because I now believe that work provides a lot of benefits both to the one working (physically, mentally, emotionally, and even spiritually) and also to the one being served.

I still am very interested in investing and the world of finance, so I will try and pass along any interesting opportunities I see, but I have a newfound love for active income as well.

Friday, October 5, 2007

Costa Rica - Day 0

Well, we just got back from Costa Rica - what a trip! Instead of trying to sum up everything in one huge post (because there is a lot!), I decided to summarize the trip by days to provide logical divisions and see it unfold from our perspective. (I would have liked to do this every day, but I did not have internet access, and I was not forward-thinking enough to just do it in Word.)

Without further ado...

Day 0

We flew from Kansas City to San Jose, Costa Rica today (September 28, 2007). I travelled with my wife Rebecca and our good friend Nate. Got to watch a couple of movies on the plane, which was a pleasant surprise (Surf's Up and Evan Almighty). By the time we got in - about 9 pm - it was dark, but temperature was still very pleasant (apparently it had been raining in the afternoon).

Rebecca and I had Chipotle (mmm...Chipotle) for lunch and a "dinner" on the plane, so we weren't very hungry, but we shared a delicious ginger/lemon grass flan (more like sweetened butter - quite good but filling) while Nate had a cheeseburger at the hotel restaurant. (I couldn't believe Nate got a cheeseburger at a restaurant in Costa Rica :) )