Purpose

I started this blog with the goal of documenting our creation of enough passive income by July 2012 to achieve true financial freedom - a great lifestyle funded by money that comes in whether we work or not.

We didn't make it...at least partially because I now believe that work provides a lot of benefits both to the one working (physically, mentally, emotionally, and even spiritually) and also to the one being served.

I still am very interested in investing and the world of finance, so I will try and pass along any interesting opportunities I see, but I have a newfound love for active income as well.

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

A Beginning

Well, this is my first post on my first blog. Somehow I thought it would be more exciting than this...

This site is dedicated to documenting my quest for financial freedom. I am 30 right now, and my promise ("promise" is more committal than a "goal") is to have enough passive income by the time I am 35 that my wife and I never have to work again.

My purpose for this blog is to share my journey and especially some of the passive income opportunities I run across - many people don't even know such opportunities exist.

My eventual goal is to start a newsletter and forum to develop a community of like-minded people to share their ideas and success stories.

To the future!