Purpose

I started this blog with the goal of documenting our creation of enough passive income by July 2012 to achieve true financial freedom - a great lifestyle funded by money that comes in whether we work or not.

We didn't make it...at least partially because I now believe that work provides a lot of benefits both to the one working (physically, mentally, emotionally, and even spiritually) and also to the one being served.

I still am very interested in investing and the world of finance, so I will try and pass along any interesting opportunities I see, but I have a newfound love for active income as well.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The book that started it all...

While I had started looking for other opportunities in general before this, the book really took all of my endeavours to another level. I'm talking of course about:

T. Harv Eker's "Secrets of the Millionaire Mind"


I first read the book...OK, confession time - I bought the book but never read it, but I have listened to the unabridged audio version read by Harv himself about 6 times...back in about March of last year. There were a lot of great ideas, but I never really did much with them.

The cool thing about the book, though, is that you get 2 FREE tickets to a 3-day seminar about really changing your mindset about money. The retail price for two tickets is $2590, but you get them free. (Full disclosure - now it costs $97 per person when you register because you get a lot of materials with it - they found that the learning was more effective when people had materials to take home.)

Now, I'm notoriously cheap, as I have previously mentioned, but knowing what I now know about the seminar, I would have happily paid full price for it. It was absolutely worth $1295 per person.

Why would he give away so much value? The most effective marketing being employed right now involves giving away a lot of value in order to establish a relationship and generate revenue from customers down the road. In this case, many people will sign up for more seminars offered by Harv's company (I sure have!). The people that are willing to go to a free seminar are also likely to pay to go to more seminars if they get a lot of value out of it. If they won't go to seminars in general, most won't go to one, even if it is free.

Back to my story: I went with some good friends - Chris, Kelly, and Nate - to a 3-day seminar in December 2006, and I can safely say it changed my life. Not only with respect to money but also improving my attitude toward life in general and relationships with others.

Ever since then, the opportunities have abounded, and things have really taken off. I can safely say that I never would have started this blog had it not been for "Secrets of the Millionaire Mind" and the 3-day "Millionaire Mind Intensive" seminar.

I loved the seminar so much that I went back in February 2007 with my wife (Rebecca). Apparently I "dragged" her to the seminar (this is what she told 800 people at the end of the 3 days). She also told those 800 people that it was one of the best weekends of her life, and she was so glad I brought her.

We are going to volunteer for the seminar in Dallas in November 2007 and "drag" as much of our family with us as we can.


I've actually bought 110 of these books to sell and give to family, friends, and business associates. Now I did get some cool bonuses for buying this many books, but at the same time I strongly believe that everyone should read the book at some point.

Not everyone is ready for the book - you have to be open, which means you have to realize that you don't know everything already. That may come as a bit of a shock to some of you (it did for me :) ), but it is true.

Please - check out the book. Not because I want to make $0.46 or whatever it is from you buying the book off Amazon, but because everyone has great potential to achieve locked up inside them, and this book just might help you release that. If you know me personally, I can get you an even better deal on the book than you can get through Amazon - just let me know that you want one.

This is my strongest recommendation so far - if you can't spring for $14 for a book that will change your life (even if only in small ways), then what else are you going to do to break out of your rut? Think about it.


PS - If you do happen to buy the book and decide to go to the 3-day Millionaire Mind Intensive seminar (did I mention that I highly recommend it?), please use the following referral code: 403014. This does two things: 1) I get paid for turning you onto the seminar (kinda like network marketing!), and 2) it allows Harv's company to determine where the seminar attendees are coming from (whether word of mouth or just picked up in a bookstore). I think it is fair for them to know where their people are coming from.

Again, use referral 403014 when registering for the seminar - thanks!